It was J.F.K who said 'There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.'
Granted he was probably talking about an arms program or something else concerning national security, but wise words none the less.
I was definitely guilty of 'comfortably inaction' at the beginning of this week. The house was quiet again and the lazy mornings and late night's meant I got very little done. So I made a 3 pronged program of action to get my butt in gear.
1. Clear up some of the WIPs and get them listed.
2. Stock up on some of the better selling crochet in anticipation of a Christmas rush (a girl can dream can't she??)
3. Come up with some new designs to keep myself motivated.
1. I did get quite a few things finished. There were collars in some new colours that just needed ends stitching in and buttons added. Typically- near the end I remembered the new buttons I bought weeks ago! 13 new collars now finished. And one triangular scarf that's been, what I call 'slow crochet'. Not being a fan of small hooks or fine yarn (mainly because the final cost is more than most peoply are willing to pay, and I'm also bored too easily) occasionally I do a longer project to slow down production. This was a half granny square using Araucania Ranco Multi and a 3.5mm hook. I finished photographing some other pieces as well and am listing those on Etsy soon. Picture of the lovely soft cotton cowls below.
2. Stock up hasn't started yet, but it will.
3. New projects.. this I had fun with. Mostly research at the moment, but I did order a couple of new books and searched the web for inspiration. The plan is to find ideas to use up the yarn I have.
There are just so many things I want to try I don't know where to start sometimes. I could do things like granny square cushion covers or baby blankets; tea cozies; or bags. Or expand on things I have already like egg cozies; hats; scarves; neckwarmers; or gloves.
After much deliberation I've decided to start by adding a new design of crochet collar to the collection. You can see one half of it in the photo below.
Program of action under way!!